Tuesday 12 November 2019

Pinned my soul with the Nose pin – Happiness is!!!!


Pinned my soul with the Nose pin – Happiness is!!!!






I am someone who loves to dress up, irrespective of the occasion, I like to look good and happy, just the way I am. I have been a lover of accessories right from my childhood and I remember my mom mentioning this to me.  I remember how I used to have this absolute joyful look when I entered the bangles stores or the earrings shop (those days we didn’t have quite a lot of choices as compared to today’s shops or malls).

My first tryst with nose pins began when I just chanced upon an online site where few women posed just so elegantly and that’s when it hit me.  Why not try these lovely accessory pieces?  I didn’t have a nose pierce in a young age so I also did not want to take the trouble of piercing my nose permanently.  What if it pained and what if I wanted to discontinue wearing these?  So the press ones were the perfect arrangement for me. I could be my own boss, Wear it or discard it !! I wasn’t sure about how these would look and hence didn’t not order them online.  But went to a proper shop and tried out few of those.  I tried them just like a teenager, looking into the mirror back and forth and gaping in awe of myself and the feeling was surreal. That’s how these pieces of jewelry became a part of me and I would try and pair them with every outfit.

I started dating these tiny and cute pieces of jewelry around 2014 and from that time, there has been no looking back.  I look out for these at exhibitions, small shops or even the vendor who sells these in the train.  Be it enamel, silver, gold studded, black oxidized ones – the joy that it gives me is profound.

A nose pin can never be underestimated since I am of the opinion that it also gives a kind of symmetry to your overall look and it can make a dull face looking absolutely stunning.  It is so much a part of me just like my red lipstick.  I read a very beautiful line in one of the blogs that I read regularly.  Celebrate life!!! It is when I read such mindful stuff that it intrigues me into thinking that Yes it is.  Life is a celebration.  So celebrate every moment of it. We get this gift of 24 hours daily from the Divine.  Use it wisely, happily and to spread love and peace.

I celebrate myself daily by doing things that I love and celebrate it for everything that it has offered me.  These simple things could be anything from buying the simplest of things like a nosepin or a matching bindi or something as simple as road side shopping from Mulund market.  If I see it, feel happy and joyful about it, I buy it.  That’s my happiness quotient!!


P.S.: A RED BINDI, A RED LIPSTICK AND A NOSEPIN CAN NEVER GO WRONG!! TRUST ME-  keeps me happy and in joy

Love

Rekha Mahadevan



No comments:

Post a Comment