Monday 18 November 2019

DEAR CHAI !!!! –ME, YOU and BREAD TOAST – THE KING OF GOOD TIMES!!!!


DEAR CHAI  !!!! –ME,  YOU and BREAD TOAST – THE KING OF GOOD TIMES!!!!





Dear Chai,

How can I forget the good times I have had with you and our friend bread toast.  You guys have stayed with me through thin and thick (first I was thin and then became thick- pun intended).  Yes, in spite of this, you have comforted me during all those times of growing up when I was preparing for my exams, when mom was out for a vacation leaving me and my sister to run the home, during those times when I had a fight with my best friend, during those days of chums. You never gave up on me.
You have never left my side.  I adore you and would never ever give up on you.  Be it any comfort food in the world like pizza, pasta or Maggi, I can never settle for anything other than you. You know it well and I am happy about it.

During days of my growing up, we had these Iranian cafes.  My Dad took me to one of those cafes that served bun maska and I used to love it with hot piping tea.  I told amma to make something like that but she said it wasn’t possible to make it exactly like the Iranian guy. So that’s when she made something like a bread toast and masked it with home made butter with powdered sugar.  I felt if there was heaven on earth, it was this. Even now, I love my big cup of Chai with deep toasted bread with ghee and powdered sugar. The look on my face is like a child looking at a bar of chocolate.
The gastronomical high it can give me is just so delectable and plain and filled with nostalgia. The toast getting dipped in hot tea and making it slightly soft just right for my tongue is ambrosia.  The mating of the toast with tea is pure love and I have no words to express this unity with which they choose to stay inseparable from each other. If its tea, it has to be bread toast and so on.  Yes, but the story does not end here.  We also have another heroine in this story, its our salty Khari biscuit.

Have you heard the story of Krishna with two consorts Rukmini and Satyabhama.  Bread toast is like Rukmini and khari biscuit is like Satyabhama.  This can be ridiculous for the readers but for me its true in one way.  AS long as it brought a smile on your face, I am fine with it.  In our life, we can always relate certain life events to certain objects.  For me Chai is like the loveable and ever encompassing SriKrishna.  The king of good times, Dear Chai you are like Krishna. You will engulf everyone in you and you are eternal. What more can I speak about you, Dear Chai?

Toh isi baat pe ho jaaye ek pyaali chai?


Love always

Rekha

1 comment:

  1. So beautifully written.. The toast with ghee and sugar is a real. Bliss and I enjoyed having at ur place with the adorable Chai.. Keep writing..

    ReplyDelete