Tuesday 5 November 2019

My small moments of happiness – how I look forward to them everyday like a child!!


My small moments of happiness – how I look forward to them everyday like a child!!






Somedays I am a Goddess, somedays I am like a wild child, and somedays I am a fragile mess but everyday I try and figure out what I am happy for??

When I write, read or utter the word Happinezz everything looks bright yellow and joyful for me.  Happiness for me is not something which is really big or giant sized. They are those small moments that happen in my life, some just come like a wave of wind kissing my forehead.  It could be anything from a call from a school friend to a text message from my cousin to a lovestruck message from my daughter on a photo that I would have shared on social media.  It could be as simple as Maddy - my husband telling me that the food is awesome, the breakfast is finger licking. It brings a smile and the feeling of contentment that sets into my soul cannot be expressed in mere words.

I am a young kiddo of 48 still figuring out those moments of happiness in my everyday life.  Today, I just stole couple of minutes to look at the rising sun with hues of orange and yellow through my dining room window. Felt so happy, for that.  I feel happy when my coffee is just perfect the way I like it.  I love it when I get some time to recite the Vishnu sahasranama first thing in the morning. It’s happiness when I apply rangoli made of rice flour outside my home. Its happiness when I see my kitchen sparkling clean at 745 a.m. in the morning after I have completed the morning chores of breakfast and lunch.

Yesterday got a few plants from the plant nursery.  Was tired after a hectic day, but still managed to check out at the nursery, got few flowering roses, ova plant and bamboo shoots. It was all for about 350 Rs. Felt happy that I could buy happiness so cheap.  Yes, Happiness is cheap if you find out that every moment that brings a smile to your face is free of charge in fact.

I feel happy on weekends when taking a warm shower and when the droplets of water fall on my shoulders and back. Its rejuvenating, I express gratitude for the unending supply of water we are blessed with.  Feel happy to catch up on a short nap in the afternoon snuggling beneath my rajai and putting the FAN on FULL mode. Its happiness when I know that there is enough for all of us to eat for the evening.  It could be as simple as having enough dosa dough in the fridge to make masala dosai for the evening tiffin. The list can never end.

Find out what you get happiness from? It may not necessarily be as big as buying a new home, vehicle, going for international holidays or cruises.

It could be as simple as going street shopping amidst that crowd or bazzar for buying a simple set of bangles or accessories.  All in all shopping for not more than 200 rs.  Yes, but it’s a happy feeling.  Ain’t we all hunting for happiness? So lets resolve to feel happy and seek happiness in our day to day lives. Am sure there are many moments where we have felt joyful from within.

The trick is to realise it and to inhale it deep within our body and soul.

p.s.  Got a long bamboo shoot and placed it in the centre table of my living room in a curvy glass bottle. Made me happy instantly like INSTANT COFFEE (though my filter kaaapi is much better).

Love you all

Thanks
Rekha Mahadevan

2 comments: