Sunday 25 May 2014

The Power of 70:30 ratio- Think about it !!!!

I have the same number of hours in a Day that Beyonce has !!!



I recently read a wonderful article about the rule of 70:30 and I was thoroughly impressed.  With common sense prevailing in me most of the times, I have always believed in the theory of 70 to 30.  But at times, the monkey mind goes on a tangent and my mind keeps swaying.  The easiest thing for me to try and cover this with a rhetoric “I am human”.

I actually did an inventory of the stuff that I have got and believe me close to 60% are things that I hardly use or use very rarely. There are stuff that gets accumulated, savings that are going to go unused.  There are moments when we love to do something but think of how our bank balance will take a drop.  Don’t do this!!! There is never ever going to be a rewind button in your LIFE.  So do what you wish to as this segment of life is not going to return back to you, even if you wish to.

We work hard for money, freeze it up in Fixed Deposits and compromise on time that we could have beautifully spent for our family and friends.  There is no intention to undermine or underestimate the importance of money and I will never do so, having personally gone through monetary crisis early in my teens.  So I genuinely understand how important money can be.

Having said that, these 86400 seconds of Life that we get everyday are truly wonderful.  With every day that passes, these many number of seconds get deducted from our lives. The reason for me to state this humongous figure of 86400 is not to depress you or myself but to simply get back those chords of life that we somehow have ignored or have forgotten. It’s better to be late than never.

So think about it !!

Luv to All


Rekha

No comments:

Post a Comment