Friday 23 May 2014

She is Shakthi !!!!– I see her in the form of a Mother, Sister, Daughter


The reason for me to define my conscience as Goddess is just that I am able to relate to the feminine form, Shakthi.  There is peace in me when I think about her, see her and it is this reason that draws me to the temple, irrespective of whether she is a presiding deity or not. 
When I visit the temple on Tuesdays and Fridays, the first thing that I want to see is how beautiful she looks in the beautifully draped saree with vibrant colors like red, blue, orange, yellow and green.  These are colors that I personally love. There is a sense of calmness and peace that I get when I see her and my entire being is filled with contentment.  I love to read the Mahisasuramardini stothram and the Lalitha Sahasranamam. It is more out of love and a sense of belonging when I read them and not merely to satiate the religious beliefs that I read the shlokas. 
I recently read an article on scientific reasons to visit the temple and it somehow configured with my thinking as well.  The positive energy emitting from the lamps that are lit, the fragrance of the flowers and the camphor being lit somehow create the right vibrations and energy that we somehow may or may not experience in our homes. 
This is one thing I have wanted to write since a long time.  For me another beautiful aspect of visiting the temple is to dress up beautifully, wear flowers and wear something that makes me feel good.  Everytime I wear something new, I want to go and show her (The Devi) what I am wearing. It gives me a feeling that I am visiting my home and showing it to my own Mother.  Believe it or not, I have a feeling that the Devi has a twinkle in her eyes and she smiles back at me and there is happiness from within.
I see her as a friend, a sister, a mother, a daughter –She appears to be in every FORM.
Luv
Rekha


No comments:

Post a Comment