Friday 16 May 2014

Accept and Appreciate your INDIAN Curves - Confidence is skin deep and FLESH DEEP too.


The very reason for me to write on Curves on this blog is for many of my friends and women out there who are not happy with their bodies.  I have a lot of my friends complaining about the bulges and a little flab here and there and literally leading their lives with the only motto of LOSING WEIGHT.  Many out there are not happy with their bodies for whatever reasons.  It’s a sincere request from my side that we need to change our thinking and just see how wonderfully our body responds.  Sending out wrong signals to our body is only going to cause more stress and depression.
I come across a lot of teens nowadays who starve themselves and want to look as thin and skinny trying to ape the West.  With no offence meant to anyone, I personally feel that as Indians we are endowed with a beautiful skin and well-endowed body.  For me, an Indian woman is blessed with the right curves, a beautiful body and each one of us need to be proud of it.  Curves have been and will always remain and the sooner we accept it, the easier it is going to be for us.
Trends would come and go, but CURVES STILL RULE.  A healthy complexion, be it a wheatish complexion or a tanned skin is going to look beautiful on the Indian woman.   There is absolutely no need for us to ape the West.  The Westerners have  mind of their own.  Let’s have ours too.  We have seen most of our celebrities and media representing INDIA at the International level wearing the six yard wonder and looking absolutely stunning in it. I feel happy when I see them receiving awards and accolades and speaking with such confidence and carrying themselves so perfectly.
Just like me, many of my friends are comfortable carrying a Western outfit as well as a saree so confidently and brilliantly.  It is difficult for me to imagine a Westerner wearing a saree minus the curves. 
So be confident in your skin, flesh and mind.  Be happy with your curves as we are blessed to be born in this beautiful country with good climate, 4 seasons and lot of sunshine.  Everything about India is beautiful and natural. So why not your curves ?  Think about it  !!!!
Signing off for now!!!
Luv
Rekha

No comments:

Post a Comment