Monday 27 January 2014

Yess !!! You are right, she is beautiful and I am addicted to her !!!



What is it about Mumbai that she is so close to our hearts?  She is like first love, love at first sight for sure.  Be it a man or a woman, Mumbai is sexy and mesmerizing in her own way for one and all.  People complain about the crowd,  the mess, the dirt around and that things are not managed the way it should be.  But look at her, Mumbai is so accommodating. She is like a girl friend whom you can take out, she is a mother who feeds all those people who come from different states and believing that she would feed him, in whatever small way she can. She is like a devoted and caring wife who cares for you and is there like a pillar even at times when one is struggling.  She is not going to leave your hand whatsoever  (Remember Yeh Rishta hai Saat Janmon ka).
The Mumbaiyaa attitude is happy go lucky and people mind their own business.  But when there is a calamity, the Mumbaikars get together in all their strength and are ONE.
The multi talented role that she plays is something that makes her so full of life and vibrant.  Yes, the people here are full of life, amidst the chaos and rushing, they know to smile, shop, eat out and fun in their own way.  Weekends are fun, night life is superb and street shopping is something that we take pride in.  Like street shopping, eating the pani puri is so blissful, I can’t express. The very thought of having to write about Mumbai makes me so excited.  Vada pav (my all time favorite) – Mumbaikars cannot imagine life without this for sure. Vadapav takes me down memory lane at Mulund- the vadapav wala at Veena nagar and also close to ShivSagar on M.G. Road.
The latest addition to vadapav is her cousin - Dabheli which is sweet and spicy.  Mulund is home to dabheli and I love you for satisfying my cravings for street food.  Who can forget Ghatkopar, the quintessential gujarati area and of course the Khao gali.  I should mention about the varieties of dosas that get dished out with a plethora of chatnis all served so wonderfully.  We are definitely accommodating when it comes to the Chinese as well, look how the Chinese bhel has captured the teenage hearts?
I should mention here that a way to a man’s heart is through his stomach, but it’s the same for women as well.  So my love, you are vibrant and I cannot think of anything else but the song that we used to hum at school and it is so true:
I love you my Valentine Mumbai – you are closest to my heart and will always remain so.  It is her lap that I am comfortable in and I thank you from the bottom of my heart to have loved me so much and still continuing to do so.  Yes, you are truly addictive!!
Love and blessings always
Rekha
p.s.
Come from England, come from Scotland, come from Ireland
Come from Holland, come from Poland, come from any land,
If you're looking out for a pleasant holiday,
Come to Bombay, come to Bombay, Bombay meri hai.

Bom bom bom bom
Bombay meri hai
Born bom bom bom
Bombay meri hai

Our ladies are nice, they are so full of spice
Come to Bombay, come to Bombay Bombay meri hai.

Wear a dhoti, put a topi and a small coatie
Mini or bikini is so good for you honey
If you ain't so gay then you can live the sadhu way
Come to Bombay, come to Bombay Bombay meri hai.

Puri bhaji, bhelpuri you can try and tell
Idli dosa, hot samosa you will like it well
Once you come to stay then you won't like to go away
Come to Bombay, come to Bombay Bombay meri hai.



2 comments:

  1. what more shall i say.. its the same love that we share...
    bombay meri jaan..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bombay so beatifully put...Veena Nagar Vada pav...oh I am missing it! We get somewhat closer ones in Jersey! But Bom Bom Bom Bom Bombay meri hai!

    ReplyDelete