Monday 13 January 2014

The Rendezvous times with my kitchen – I still love you my dear KITCHEN!!


The alarm clock goes zoom!!!!!  at 5 a.m. in the morning.  How I hate it when it rings?  But I also love it when it gives out that shrieking alarm on weekends (the feeling of pulling back my bedsheet/rajai and going back to sleep) is much more than I could ever imagine. Yes my bedsheets cheat me nowadays, especially now when it is so chilled.
I remember how as a kid I used to be the first to wake up in the mornings and I really looked forward to the mornings.  Yes, I look forward to those mornings even now and the only saving grace is the Kaapi (coffee) which is freshly brewed in the stainless steel coffee filter.  God bless u kaapi!!  The ultimate satisfaction of drinking it slowly sip by sip mesmerizes my soul and body. Yes, my body is geared totally for the dayyyyyyyyyyy to begin!!
When I was a kid, I wanted everyone to get up once I was up. I can imagine how amma would have felt then? I guess as kids most of us love the noise and commotion and PEACE was something that was Greek to most of us, I am sure. Yes, I love this GREEK word now. But once we grow up, we realise that those moments of solitude are absolute bliss.  If I could catch up on all those moments of sleep that I lost when I was a kid? Hmmm!!!!
A normal day for any homemaker or for a working woman, I am sure begins in the kitchen.  My conventional kitchen (if I may say so) smiles at me in all its glory. I am gender biased for sure and I would love to call the kitchen as “she”, because it is the womenfolk who work here (most of the times).  I am sure the female that she is, would not mind getting handled by men (once in a while with care) what say kitchen???
With the 3 burner gas stove at my service for the next 2 hours, what more does one have to ask for?  The milk boiling, the cooker whistling in all its glory and the kadai trying to make love to the curry and the spices that I have hurriedly put. These 3 genies are the ones I love the most in the mornings and I literally thank them every morning for helping me out those 120 minutes ( I am reminded of Shahrukh’s dialogue here Woh sattar (70 minute)!!! From Chak De -
Yes, amidst all this, I try to catch up on the whatsap – this is really too much, Actually the whatsap is to check out the latest gm messages, chit chats of my friends/school friends,  I am sort of new to this Whatsap but I must say that it is the most dangerous thing to do especially at 5.30 a.m. in the morning when the pressure cooker is yelling and giving out a cry and shriveling at me that I AM DONE with the dal and the rice!!!! What next???
There is more to come about the rendezvous with my kitchen and the good and not so good times when I am running late for my office! But I love my kitchen for sure!!!
Love and blessings always
Rekha


2 comments:

  1. Mee toooo.:):):)A place for.....
    Divine creations :):)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hey thanks divs, yes indeed!!!! kitchen times for sure

      Delete