Thursday 16 January 2014

I like my home a little messy –It’ me and a few fun loving people living in it!!


Without my daughter around, my house would be definitely neater and quieter, but I could sit and admire it only for 300 seconds max not more than that.  There is a certain warmth and comfort in the messiness (this is the word I have been bombarding my little world with) when she leaves her coloured clips, hair bands, lip liners, handbags, slim bags (what not) strewn.
Yes, there will be so many moms who will second me on this note.  Without our kids, our homes can be peaceful, blissful (you may choose the choicest of adjectives).  The emotional drama and the war of words mostly when it comes to a messy bedroom is when and what we fight over, apart from the TV remote. Though both of us are more as friends, when it comes to things lying (literally strewn and scattered) on the granite platform of the bedroom, we fight like cats and dogs.
She says 5 minutes and I see it as 300 seconds (yes I like the number 300)- u may think!!! Much to my hastiness, she is much cooler and calmer only when it comes to the work part. Clearing up things can wait for sure, but not her Romedy Now Channel – To be frank, I love Romedy now and I am addicted to it just like my Kaapi (cuppa Coffee).  It’s youngish, funny, full of humour and the best thing is that we watch it together without having to fight for the remote (so that is yet another thing, that we have in common, you see).
It is sharp 6.20 p.m that’s when i enter my home,  I enter my bedroom with my office bag, dump it on the chair and there she is cozily tucked in the arm chair (Romedy channel shouting in all its glory)-  yes, I want to shout at her for all those things that has managed to occupy my kingsized bed. She knows I could really be hard on her and just to escape my shrilling voice and in her cutest tone she says “Amma, you will love this movie for sure”.  It’s the Devil who wore Prada.
I say” Oh Prada, I would surely love that movie. She says “ It’s just started Ammayou will love, it”.  Yes surely I will love it but let me first freshen up and get us both something to eat.  But where is the remote- yes, the remote!!!! –I am sure it would be on the bed or on the window sill granite or precariously placed on the bedroom cabinet – I let out a shrieking voice again, but to my dismay!!!! The movie begins- I tell her, yeah, the start is good and the background score brilliant. So there it is my little devil who wore Prada!!
Luv and blessings always
Rekha



No comments:

Post a Comment