Friday 14 March 2014

What is it about you that I love you more everyday – Dedicated to the Mumbai Vadapav!!

                                                

To
Dearest Vadapav,
My Dear Vadapav, I cannot imagine living without you, you are in my deepest thoughts and gastronomic sensualities, when I pass the stall right outside the Mulund station.  I cannot but express how I feel when that smell lingers around and mesmerises my entire entity. It arouses me, how tough, it is for me to let go of you, because you are there in every segment of my body and mind.  I pray that our journey and love for each other continue and that you remain humble (without changing your true essence, taste) and do not get flattered by the so called big joints that somehow are jealous of your presence.  So whatever you are and wherever you are, we will love you, no matter what!!! 
From a Common Mumbaiker

Hey folks, seriously, these could be the thoughts of any Vada Pav lover and being an avid lover I too share the same thoughts.  Though I am a TamBrahm, the love for Vadapav surpasses the love for my staple sambhar rice or Mysore Rasam.  I could still eat a vadapav and feel satiated even after filling my tummy with the conventional South Indian food.   I can completely have it like an appetizer without making a big deal about it and can clearly remember as kids how my face would literally brighten up when my mom used to get these wrapped from the vadapav stall close to my home in Mulund.  (For records: he was Ramesh Vadapav walla and many of my Mulund friends) will be able to relate to it.
Be it a rich, a middle class or a poor Mumbaikar, no one would have got away without trying you for sure.   You pep us up and we feel good literally standing on the streets, eating you and enjoying the experience.
I tried to figure out, the Vadapav as such is like a romantic couple, so much in love with each other.  For me it’s a husband and wife sharing a beautiful bond. There is a dash of sweet chutney with the spicy chutney, which makes life spicy and sweet.  No matter what, they are in love with each other completely and this is what makes it so savory and mouthwatering.   
So heres to you my love!! Vadapav, I love you more so when I unwrap you and eat you with my tea.
So guys, what are you waiting for,  grab her!! She is all yours………
Lov and Blessings Always
Rekha


3 comments:

  1. Vada Pavvvvvvvvvv <3 So true, mumbai and vadapav - the best couple!

    ReplyDelete
  2. heya thanks, hehehe, just wrote what came to my mind, the first thought about vadapav-

    ReplyDelete
  3. the simple, best, cheap food !!

    ReplyDelete