Wednesday 5 March 2014

The Power of Woman – Multifaceted and Multitalented roles




Karyeshu Dasi, Karaneshu Manthri;
Bhojeshu Mata, Shayaneshu Rambha;
Roopeshu lakshmi, Kshamayeshu Dharitri;
Satkarma Nari, Kuladharma Patni

(Hardworking, Brilliant, Beautiful, forgiving, caring, romantic)- This epitomises a WOMAN) – This is to every WOMAN out there reading this.
It is very great pride that I write this blog post.  I am proud that I am a woman and there is not an iota of doubt when I am writing this.  Just like me, I am sure there are many like me, who are happy and satisfied about being what they are and living life, however tough or easy the journey.
So here’s saying cheers to women power, We are magnificent beings created by the beautiful almighty who chose us to be on this wonderful planet.  It is every day that I am thankful and express my gratitude to the Divine, but on this day, I take the opportunity to thank each and every woman who has been instrumental in helping me succeed in my personal as well as professional endeavors.   A Thank you from the bottom of my heart to my mother, sister, daughter Jyothi , mother in law, sister in law, cousins, my family, extended family and each and every woman who are sharing and will continue to share this wonderful journey of life and space with me.
I would never have been ME, if it was not for my mother.  I have learnt that the beauty of a woman is immeasurable and there is no measuring scale that can quantify her beauty, strength, courage and perseverance (most of all patience).  Knowingly or knowingly, we are given that extra dose of patience which makes us strong from within and helps us wade even when the times are not so good.  My sister for listening patiently to all my talks during my teenage, laughing at my jokes (however silly they may have been) and still being so supportive of me in every new idea that I come up with.  A big Thanks to Radhika, my sister.  Thanks to my princess Jyothi who has made me complete in every way and for recreating the passion of living life Queen Size.  Had it not been for her, I would never have come up with my Blog:  The beginning of 40 for me:  Thanks to my teachers who have helped me succeed academically and encouraged me to study all through.  My colleagues for supporting me and loving me, just the way I am and not being judgemental.  My friends and extended family for always standing by me and accepting me along with my idiosyncrasies at times.
The blog will not be complete without saying a BIG THANK YOU to Maddy, my hubby who is my strength, support, friend, philosopher, my critic and who can state facts as they are. Life is much easier and simpler and I do not have to put up a show when you are around.
Lov and blessings always!!!
Rekha
P.S.:
Wishing all of us a Happy Woman’s Day in Advance. 

1 comment:

  1. Super Awesome!! Didi all i have to say is.. You Are An Inspiration..! The positivity you bring along.. Your graceful "Sunshine Smile" can brighten up the darkest day.. ( and I mean it.. Like.. Literally!).. Glad to have u as my sister.. And We love u soo very much! :*

    ReplyDelete