Sunday 22 March 2015

Speak to your Body and Soul- They are waiting to hear you out

This is just something that I have been thinking of since many days.  Out of the 24 hours that we have in a day, we have all the time to listen to one and all, our husband, our kids, our office colleagues, neighbours…. The list goes on.  How many times have you spoken to your own body and soul?  I haven’t done it all these years, but yesterday was something different.
There are so many things that our body and our inner self want to convey to us, but we are so busy in our schedule that we try and put it off -  No, procrastinate it, I would say. May be we could define our body as a child.  Just imagine the child has so many things to share to their mother once the day is over.  We try and squeeze time to listen to our kids, because somehow we want them to be happy and you can see the glee on their faces when they recite the day’s incidences to us.  Why not apply the same rule to our body that takes all the trouble to swim us through the entire day, week, month, years... 
Out of the 24 hours, even if we spend atleast 24 minutes in a day, speaking to ourselves and expressing gratitude to our wonderful body, don’t you think it will not respond back to us?  Oh! 24 minutes is a slightly longer time I agree, may be just break it down into 12 minutes a session, I bet that’s not too much demanding for sure.
I am beginning to realize this very honest truth and consciously made an effort to thank each and every part of my body to tell that I simply love you for bearing me through this journey, helping me do all the things that I wish to do and gracing me with the abundance of so many emotions and feelings. Had it not been for the mind and brain, I would never in this life time been able to savour this beauty called LIFE.
When I was doing this consciously, even without my realizing, tears welled up and I did not know why.  May be I had never thanked my body good enough and I am realizing it only when I am 40+.  But it’s never too late to start anything.  Be in a Meditative state is what I have heard from many.  For me yesterday, speaking to myself and my body felt as if I was in a meditative state and I loved it completely and it was blissful.
Love you all,
Cheers!!!!
Rekha

2 comments:

  1. Very true Rekha dear, without our body we are not there. So we should spend out time and thank God for keeping us active and energetic through our body

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for the comments

    ReplyDelete