Sunday 14 September 2014

Pinch of Marine Drive in my palm


Sunday evening 8p.m. and we drove down to the beautiful Marine Drive.  I do not recollect when we last drove down.  The weather was a little sultry and dry and the only saving grace was that there was absolutely no traffic, but was it really a saving grace or did I miss out on anything?  With very few vehicles plying here and there, I felt as if Mumbai had taken a break.  But nooo  Mumbai  does not take a break on weekends as Marine Drive, Chowpatty and Bandra are hotspots for Mumbaikars to freak out.
No soon we approached Marine Drive, it felt as if there was a fair going on.  Mumbai is sexy and beautiful, the long stretch like a necklace is mesmerizing. The bhutta waalas, chana waalas were making quick sales and there were groups of youngsters, college kids, lovebirds, just married couples and elderly couples taking the round around the Queen’s necklace.
Everytime I see the maddening crowd of Mumbai, I used to feel oh god too much of noise and commotion. But that stretch of 15 minutes with practically no people and cars on the road did not excite me. It’s but natural that as a Mumbaikar, I am used to this crowd and noise and commotion.  We like all this and this is truly a part and parcel of our lives. 
The Victorias were making their rounds and it was fun to see both kids and youngsters enjoying that joy ride.  Watching the beautiful waters of the Arabian Sea kiss the barricade is so nice to watch. I love all these small things and there’s a sense of romance when one comes to Marine Drive for sure, thanks to the cool air kissing my hair and sending a chill in my body. A drive slightly ahead is the array of the chaatwaalas and not to forget to mention the Cream Centre, Sukh Sagar and many more other restaurants. There was a queue outside Cream Centre (proud and Veg) was their banner. I loved that slogan. 
Looking forward to many more walks at the Queen’s necklace!!!
Lots of Luv
Rekha





No comments:

Post a Comment